Friday, September 24, 2010

Crossbones Update

After getting the aftermarket seat fitted properly and the fender in place the owner and the shop pretty much unanimously agreed that the struts that came with the kit needed to go. So we got to work on bending up some struts out of round stock, cutting some bungs and welding tabs to the swing arm. Here's what we ended up with, some nice subtle curves that blend in with the rest of the bike.
After getting the struts mounted up and in place we pretty quickly realized that the stock finish on the primary outer cover, derby cover, cam cover, transmission cover and rocker boxes had to be changed in some way (it was spotting like crazy). What we ended up doing was taking the covers off of everything and doing a little bead blasting/polishing/wet sanding to get the finish that's on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment